Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The moon is out, and the sun has set. And while the sun has set, so does the light of my day...


The cloudy sky reminds me of the days I’d sit and think about you, how’d I’d try and write songs, write anything. But nothing came out. It also reminds me about how thinking of you would make my day brighter and bring sunlight into my window. Now that’s all gone, you’re gone, there’s nothing that makes me want to wake up in the morning, or fall asleep in the night. But, don’t worry about me, I’m just fine. Only one person is worth your tears, and I can’t cry over you, because I haven’t even met anyone else yet. Doors close so others can open, and they keep closing till you find the right room. Seeing you with another girl, is going to break my heart until I have no heart left. But I said the same thing before, then you came along and picked up the pieces and put them back together. So there will be another person who will soon come and help me put it back together, but I gave away part of my heart to you, and I might never get it back. You painted me a fairytale, you made me believe everything impossible could happen, you filled me up with dreams that I thought would never come true, you filled in every detail and made me open my heart to you. Then you slowly erased it, day by day, I could feel everything fading to black. I didn’t say anything because my fear consumed my body and words couldn’t come out. Now it’s all gone, I’m left with a blank canvas for someone else to paint. You never cared. Don’t bother lying.

2 comments: